Monday, December 11, 2017

Book Store Job!!

When I heard that my friend, Jenna, was getting her own store in Jefferson City, Missouri, I was ecstatic for her! She was moving up in life! That meant there was a position open at the West Burlington store! I was in for an interview and out with a job! Jenna's old job! I started on September 5th, 2017! I love my co-workers there!

Jefferson City was scheduled to open on October 3rd, which was a success! But the bad news came less than a month afterwards! My dream of working at a book store was crashing down on me! What a bummer!

My first thought was: What about Jenna and her store?? Why spend the money to open a new store when there was no money in the company?? Make someone move her life to another city just to have her search for a completely new job?? I do miss Jenna though! She's pretty fun to be with!! She's rubbed off on me! That's a good thing!

Mary, Teri, Tamara, and I all pulled mass market paperbacks off the shelves to send back to the publishers/distribution center! It was such a sad day! Half the store is gone, that's for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wise Words From Stargate!